Photos by Liz Bosco, Valerie Dillon, and Mel Lohrer
The Memphremagog Watershed Association was founded in 2007 as an organization dedicated to the preservation of the environment and natural beauty of the Memphremagog watershed and to ensure its protection for generations to come. We host educational events, organize projects to clean and renaturalize lakes and rivers, protect native plant life, and work with federal, state and local agencies to improve the quality of life in the watershed.
Welcome to 2019! It's a new year.
And even though there is snow on the ground, we're already thinking about our summer programming. But we can't do it without you, our members!
Now is the perfect time to renew or join MWA!
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- Join us for our next Board Meeting, February 13th, 2019 from 4:30- 6:00. Location TBD in Newport.
- Since March of 2018, MWA has been working in partnership with Memphremagog Conservation Inc on a binational water quality reference on harmful algal blooms and nutrient loading in the Memphremagog Watershed. For more information, read the interim project report here (which includes information on work in the Lake Champlain Watershed) and for learn more about the project in general here.
- Memphremagog Watershed Association receives grant from the Vermont Community Foundation for Youth Discovery Program The Memphremagog Watershed Association (MWA) recently received a $4,500 grant from the Vermont Community Foundation's Northeast Kingdom Fund. The grant will help further MWA’s mission of protecting and preserving the environment and natural beauty of the watershed by providing hands-on education for area elementary school classes. To read the full story, click here
There are many ways that you can volunteer!
- Volunteer at a rain garden work day- email email@example.com
- Become a Cyanobacteria volunteer monitor
- Become a Vermont Invasive Species Patroller
- Join us for a parade
- Join a committee! Email Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come to a Board meeting- see our events page
- Volunteer at a workshop or training- email email@example.com
- Join our mailing list to stay up to date with news and events!
Your support makes our work possible!