Photos by Liz Bosco, Valerie Dillon, and Mel Lohrer
The Memphremagog Watershed Association was founded in 2007 as an organization dedicated to the preservation of the environment and natural beauty of the Memphremagog watershed and to ensure its protection for generations to come. We host educational events, organize projects to clean and renaturalize lakes and rivers, protect native plant life, and work with federal, state and local agencies to improve the quality of life in the watershed.
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- Join us for our next Board Meeting, Wednesday June 12th, 2019 from 4:30- 6:00 at the Work Commons Conference Room in Newport.
- Our summer events calendar is filling up! For full event details, check out our events page . Here is what is coming up!
- Bird Walk at Eagle Point, June 8th, 8:00-10:00am
- Cyanobacteria Monitor Training, June 10th, 4:00-6:00 North Country Career Center
- Annual Meeting, June 21st, 7:00-9:00 Location TBD
- Wetland Paddle at Eagle Point, June 29th, 9:00 am (June 30th, rain date)
- Derby July 4th Parade
- September River Clean Up- TBD
- We have received a 6-month extension to submit our report to the International Joint Commission on water quality and harmful algal blooms in the Lake Memphremagog Watershed. Read the press release here. Since March of 2018, MWA has been working in partnership with Memphremagog Conservation Inc on a binational water quality reference on harmful algal blooms and nutrient loading in the Memphremagog Watershed. For more information, read the interim project report here (which includes information on work in the Lake Champlain Watershed) and for learn more about the project in general here.
Spring on the lake! Photo Credit: Mel Lohrer
There are many ways that you can volunteer!
- Volunteer at a rain garden work day- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become a Cyanobacteria volunteer monitor
- Become a Vermont Invasive Species Patroller
- Join us for a parade
- Join a committee! Email Membership at email@example.com
- Come to a Board meeting- see our events page
- Volunteer at a workshop or training- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our mailing list to stay up to date with news and events!
Your support makes our work possible!