Photos by Liz Bosco, Valerie Dillon, and Mel Lohrer
The Memphremagog Watershed Association was founded in 2007 as an organization dedicated to the preservation of the environment and natural beauty of the Memphremagog watershed and to ensure its protection for generations to come. We host educational events, organize projects to clean and renaturalize lakes and rivers, protect native plant life, and work with federal, state and local agencies to improve the quality of life in the watershed.
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- Join us for the NEK Plein Air Art Exhibit, "Farming, the Art of Stewardship" opening reception, Tuesday November 6th, 5-7 PM at the East Side Restaurant, 47 Landing Street, Newport. There will be 20 paintings from 4 Vermont Land Trust conserved farms in the Memphremagog watershed who are working to improve management with the Orleans County Conservation District to put into practice good conservation for their farms and farmsteads. All farmers will receive 50% any entree meal!! Brought to you by the Orleans County Conservation District, Northeast Kingdom Plein Air, MWA, The East Side, and Vermont Agency of Agriculture.
- New Stormwater Strategic Plan Released for the Memphremagog Watershed! Since December of 2017, a group of local organizations, municipalities, and State agencies have been working together and recently completed a Stormwater Strategic Plan for the Memphremagog watershed. This group, known as the Stormwater Collaborative, was initiated at the Leahy Summit at the Echo Center in Burlington and funded through a grant from the High Meadows Fund.Download the Memphremagog Watershed Stormwater Strategic Plan or read the full press release.
There are many ways that you can volunteer!
- Volunteer at a rain garden work day- email email@example.com
- Become a Cyanobacteria volunteer monitor
- Become a Vermont Invasive Species Patroller
- Join us for a parade
- Join a committee! Email Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come to a Board meeting- see our events page
- Volunteer at a workshop or training- email email@example.com
- Join our mailing list to stay up to date with news and events!
Your support makes our work possible!