Photos by Liz Bosco, Valerie Dillon, and Mel Lohrer
The Memphremagog Watershed Association was founded in 2007 as an organization dedicated to the preservation of the environment and natural beauty of the Memphremagog watershed and to ensure its protection for generations to come. We host educational events, organize projects to clean and renaturalize lakes and rivers, protect native plant life, and work with federal, state and local agencies to improve the quality of life in the watershed.
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- As some of you may have already heard, zebra mussels were found in Lake Memphremagog in Magog Bay, Quebec. So far they have not been found on the US side; however, VT DEC will be surveying our waters in August. Read our press release for more information. In the meantime PLEASE Clean Drain and Dry all of your equipment and boats. The boat washing station at the city dock is open and ready for use. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out!
- New Stormwater Strategic Plan Released for the Memphremagog Watershed! Since December of 2017, a group of local organizations, municipalities, and State agencies have been working together and recently completed a Stormwater Strategic Plan for the Memphremagog watershed. This group, known as the Stormwater Collaborative, was initiated at the Leahy Summit at the Echo Center in Burlington and funded through a grant from the High Meadows Fund.Download the Memphremagog Watershed Stormwater Strategic Plan or read the full press release.
- Come down to Wednesdays on the Waterfront! Every Wednesday from 6pm to 8:45 there will be live music at the waterfront in Newport. MWA will be there volunteering as well. Check out the FaceBook page for more information and the musical line up!
There are many ways that you can volunteer!
- Volunteer at a rain garden work day- email email@example.com
- Become a Cyanobacteria volunteer monitor
- Become a Vermont Invasive Species Patroller
- Join us for a parade
- Join a committee! Email Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come to a Board meeting- see our events page
- Volunteer at a workshop or training- email email@example.com
- Join our mailing list to stay up to date with news and events!
Your support makes our work possible!