Photos by Liz Bosco, Valerie Dillon, and Mel Lohrer
The Memphremagog Watershed Association was founded in 2007 as an organization dedicated to the preservation of the environment and natural beauty of the Memphremagog watershed and to ensure its protection for generations to come. We host educational events, organize projects to clean and renaturalize lakes and rivers, protect native plant life, and work with federal, state and local agencies to improve the quality of life in the watershed.
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- New Stormwater Strategic Plan Released for the Memphremagog Watershed! Since December of 2017, a group of local organizations, municipalities, and State agencies have been working together and recently completed a Stormwater Strategic Plan for the Memphremagog watershed. This group, known as the Stormwater Collaborative, was initiated at the Leahy Summit at the Echo Center in Burlington and funded through a grant from the High Meadows Fund.Download the Memphremagog Watershed Stormwater Strategic Plan or read the full press release.
- Do you want to become an invasive species patroller or are you just curious about what aquatic invasive species look like? The Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation has announced VIP training dates for 2018 and there are a few up here in the Memphremagog Watershed. Click here to view the workshop schedule and email Kimberly Jensen to sign up at Kimberly.Jensen@vermont.gov
- Come down to Wednesdays on the Waterfront! Every Wednesday from 6pm to 8:45 there will be live music at the waterfront in Newport. MWA will be there volunteering as well. Check out the FaceBook page for more information and the musical line up!
There are many ways that you can volunteer!
- Volunteer at a rain garden work day- email email@example.com
- Become a Cyanobacteria volunteer monitor
- Become a Vermont Invasive Species Patroller
- Join us for a parade
- Join a committee! Email Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come to a Board meeting- see our events page
- Volunteer at a workshop or training- email email@example.com
- Join our mailing list to stay up to date with news and events!
Your support makes our work possible!