Photos by Liz Bosco, Valerie Dillon, and Mel Lohrer
The Memphremagog Watershed Association was founded in 2007 as an organization dedicated to the preservation of the environment and natural beauty of the Memphremagog watershed and to ensure its protection for generations to come. We host educational events, organize projects to clean and renaturalize lakes and rivers, protect native plant life, and work with federal, state and local agencies to improve the quality of life in the watershed.
MWA is hiring for an Administrative Director! Click here to download the full job description and apply!
MWA has a new mailing address!
PO Box 513
Newport, VT 05855
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- MWA is hiring! We are looking for a passionate, flexible, and motivated individual to be our new Administrative Director! Click here to download the full job description and apply.
- We have received a 6-month extension to submit our report to the International Joint Commission on water quality and harmful algal blooms in the Lake Memphremagog Watershed. Read the press release here. Since March of 2018, MWA has been working in partnership with Memphremagog Conservation Inc on a binational water quality reference on harmful algal blooms and nutrient loading in the Memphremagog Watershed. For more information, read the interim project report here (which includes information on work in the Lake Champlain Watershed) and for learn more about the project in general here.
Eagle Point Wetland Paddle, 2017
There are many ways that you can volunteer!
- Volunteer at a rain garden work day- email email@example.com
- Become a Cyanobacteria volunteer monitor
- Become a Vermont Invasive Species Patroller
- Join us for a parade
- Join a committee! Email Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come to a Board meeting- see our events page
- Volunteer at a workshop or training- email email@example.com
- Join our mailing list to stay up to date with news and events!
Your support makes our work possible!