Photos by Liz Bosco, Valerie Dillon, and Mel Lohrer
The Memphremagog Watershed Association was founded in 2007 as an organization dedicated to the preservation of the environment and natural beauty of the Memphremagog watershed and to ensure its protection for generations to come. We host educational events, organize projects to clean and renaturalize lakes and rivers, protect native plant life, and work with federal, state and local agencies to improve the quality of life in the watershed.
Latest News and Upcoming Events
The DRAFT pretreatment discharge permit or New England Waste Services, Inc. for discharge from Coventry, VT Landfill, Bethlehem, NH Landfill and Central Vermont Landfill, East Montpelier, VT to the City of Montpelier WWTF is now available for public comment. Public comment period begins on Monday, September 20, 2021 and ends on November 8, 2021.
The Secretary of the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources will also be holding two public meetings:
October 26, 2021, located at the Newport Gateway Center Floor #1, 84 Fyfe Dr, Newport, VT 05855 from 5:30pm – 7:30pm
October 28, 2021, located at the ANR Annex Bldg, 190 Junction Road, Montpelier, VT 05620 from 5:30pm – 7:30pm
For more information, please see: Public Notice , Draft Permit , and Draft Fact Sheet . You may also visit The WSMD Wastewater Public Notices site: https://anrweb.vt.gov/DEC/
- On August 24th, 2021, the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation held a Memphremagog Community Meeting to discuss clean water issues. The meeting was recorded and is available to watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
MWA Board Meetings are being conducted remotely and our events are being modified to adhere to safety and social distancing guidelines from the state of Vermont.
COME TO A BOARD MEETING: the first Wednesday of the month, 4:30-6:00 pm
- Join Zoom Meeting
84718892090?pwd= bW5DRTBFODVDellWQXBKMkVuV0lUUT 09Meeting ID: 847 1889 2090
- Join Zoom Meeting
There are many ways that you can volunteer!
- Volunteer at a rain garden work day- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become a Cyanobacteria volunteer monitor
- Become a Vermont Invasive Species Patroller
- Join us for a parade- email email@example.com
- Join a committee! Email Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come to a Board meeting- see our events page
- Join our mailing list to stay up to date with news and events!
Your support makes our work possible!